The Corsair Keyboard allows you to play your game and experience the unique features it can give you, for example, macro keys that can be used to record a series of steps! This kind of keyboard will enhance your gaming experience tenfold. All you need to do is install the latest version of the drivers needed on your PC. You must ensure these drivers are compatible so your keyboard can function effectively!
There is a chance you might experience that your keyboard is not functioning in the way you’d like it to, or at all for that matter. There can be multiple reasons for this. Some of these are highlighted below!
- Reset Requirement
- Update Corsair Firmware
- Drivers Need Updating
If you feel like any of these issues might be the reason your Corsair K70 has stopped responding, all you need to do is follow the next few steps, and you’ll be all set! If you’d like details on how to fix these issues and get your keyboard to function as intended, continue reading!
Potential Issues With The Corsair K70
There can be multiple reasons your Corsair K70 isn’t working correctly. This could be due to corrupt drivers or because they simply need to be updated. Before we dive into what you need to do to fix your keyboard, we must first check some prerequisites off our list! These have to do with both wired and wireless Corsair K70 keyboards.
If you’re looking to check your keyboard correctly, first try to check it with another computer. In the case it works fine, you most probably have a computer-related issue. If not, you will need to follow the next few steps. However, If those do not work either, replacement is your best option.
Reset Required Due To Software Glitches
If your software is glitching, you will need to actively reset your Corsair K70 Keyboard. There are features within the keyboard that will allow you to do just that! All you need to do is follow these simple steps!
- Turn your keyboard off. This is in case your keyboard is wireless. If it is wired, unplug and let it be a minute or two.
- Next, you will need to press the ESC key and then turn the keyboard on or connect it back, depending on whether it’s wireless or wired.
- Make sure not to let go of the ESC key until 10 secs have passed.
If you’ve successfully reset your keyboard, lights will begin to flash immediately. However, if this does not happen, you will need to reattempt resetting your Corsair K70.
Update Corsair Firmware
If you’ve tried to reset your keyboard due to a possible software glitch, but it hasn’t worked, it’s time to move on to the next troubleshooting step. The next step is to update the keyboard’s firmware. While the last step was relatively easy, this step requires technique and complete focus. To carry the steps you correctly, make sure to read them carefully.
- Firstly, it is essential to remember to keep your Corsair K70 Keyboard on and connected.
- Next, navigate to the Corsair official website from your PC.
- You will need to click on the Corsair iCue to download it. This will require proper time dedication since the file is 456 MB and can take a while to download.
- Once the iCue has been downloaded, you will need to open it, click on the Settings Menu on the top right, and continue to the next step.
- Once you’re in the Settings menu, choose your keyboard from the list of devices available for an update and click on the Update button. This, again, will require some time.
- Finally, restart your PC. This will help you figure out if the Corsair keyboard issues have been resolved successfully.
Keyboard Drivers Need Updating
If neither the resetting nor the updating of the firmware has worked, it’s time to try this final troubleshooting step. All you need to do to update the Corsair K70 keyboard drivers is follow any of the three methods mentioned below! Chances are, it is the real culprit.
Use The Corsair Official Website
The first thing you can do is go to the Corsair Official Website to update your drivers. You will be able to locate them if you are aware of the model and version of your Corsair keyboard. Once you’ve found the correct drivers, all you need to do is download them and follow the instructions provided to install your drivers, and use your Corsair K70 to its total capacity!
Use The Device Manager
Microsoft has an in-built tool for updating drivers. It’s known as the Device Manager. This device manager auto-detects the hardware model and version. It then searches for the compatible and updated drivers on the Microsoft Servers that can be used for that exact version. If you’d like to know how to do this, all you need to do is follow the next few steps!
- You will need to press Windows + R to open the Run Box on your PC.
- Next, type “devmgmt.msc” in the text box and press OK.
- When you do this, a new window will open up. This will contain a list of all of the drivers previously installed in your system. All you need to do is scroll down until you arrive at Keyboard and then click on it!
- From the dropdown menu under the keyboard, you must select Corsair Keyboard and make a right-click to open the context menu.
- And finally, from the Context menu, you will need to click on Update Drivers and follow the onscreen instructions. And you’re done!
The Corsair K70 keyboard fully immerses you in your gaming experience. All you need to ensure is that the drivers installed are up-to-date and compatible with your Corsair model and version. And that’s it! Once you’ve updated your Corsair K70 keyboard, nothing stops you from thoroughly enjoying your game!