The Big Green Egg, one of the hottest kamado grills on today’s market, comes with a suite of accessories, from pizza stones to carbon steel woks. But which ones are really worth getting? The answer is all of them. While each “eggcessory” comes with its own purpose, they all have one goal––and that’s to deliver the best grilling experience possible.
Continue reading to learn about these seven must-have accessories for your Big Green Egg. For a full list of eggcessories, check out Big Green Egg’s website.
With the conEGGtor, you can turn your grill into a convection oven. Want to make a pizza? Just place it on the conEGGtor’s surface. Want to make a low-and-slow steak? Do the same thing.
Some online reviews have shared:
- “Best Eggcessory ever!! Never buy an Egg without one… it turns your food into the best bbq ever!!”
- “I’ve used a Plate Setter for years on my Egg. It’s the only way to set the BGE up for indirect cooking.”
- “This is a must-have when needing to cook indirectly. It’s an awesome way to tame down the Egg when not searing steaks at high temps. I use it almost all the time, even when doing burgers, keeps every juicy. don’t have to worry about overdoing it.”
The conEGGtor comes in six different sizes.
The Universal-Fit EGG Cover
With proper maintenance, you can use your Big Green Egg for years to come. This means keeping your grill out of the rain and keeping it in a dry place. You can do this by getting the Universal-Fit EGG Cover, which works for any size grill you have.
Here’s what you need to know about it:
- The fabric cover doesn’t let moisture or water in, preventing rust.
- The cover itself is so durable the logo on the front won’t fade. Even after a few years, you’ll feel like you just bought the cover yesterday.
- It comes with a hook-and-loop mechanism, making it easy to secure onto your grill.
If you get the Universal-Fit EGG Cover, keep in mind that you can’t put it in the washing machine. You’ll have to handwash––but you’ll rarely have to.
The Pizza and Baking Stone
The Big Green Egg’s pizza and baking stone are perfect for making pizza, biscuits, bread––you name it. They range from 12 inches to 21 inches with three different options.
What makes this item so special? The pizza and baking stone is made of ceramic, which:
- Pulls moisture from what you’re making
- Retains heat longer than most steel trays
- Distributes heat evenly, giving you a perfect even-browned crust
The pizza and baking stone are compatible with any-sized Big Green Egg you have. If your grill gets rained out, you can even use it in your kitchen’s oven.
The Half-Moon Cast Iron Plancha Griddle
With this bad boy, you can outfit your grill for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With the smooth griddle, you can make eggs, pancakes, hamburgers––the possibilities are endless. The other griddle, which features grill indentations, lets you get those coveted grill marks on your hot dogs, burgers, and steaks.
This eggcessory comes in three sizes. When making your purchase, make sure the one you get is compatible with your grill’s size.
The Cast Iron Dutch Oven
With the right eggcessories, you can transform your Big Green Egg into a one-stop cooking shop. The cast iron dutch oven is a great way to do that. With this 5.5-quart pot, you can make stews, chili, soups, and cobblers.
It also comes with:
- Two wire handles that make lifting easy
- An easy-grip lid with a handle
- A non-stick surface
- The ability to withstand extreme temperatures
What’s more, the cast iron dutch oven ages like fine wine. When you use it, it’ll absorb the oils from everything you’ve cooked, giving your meals an extra kick. It also makes it easier to clean––extremely convenient, considering that you can’t put it in the dishwasher.
The Egg Genius
Standing around watching your burgers cook is out. Monitoring and controlling your Big Green Egg with your smartphone is in. This is possible with the Egg Genius. Using the Egg Genius App, your smartphone, and a solid Wi-Fi connection, you can:
- Monitor how hot your food gets with an insertable probe
- Receive alerts when your food is done cooking
- Remotely lower or heighten the grill’s temperature
If you temporarily lose Wi-Fi, no problem; the Egg Genius will continue running at your saved temperature and reconnect to your router when it comes back online.
Using the low-and-slow method, you can make steak so tender you can pull it apart with a fork. Or meat claws, rather. These six-pronged devices grip meat and allow you to effortless shred it.
This is perfect for:
- Pulled pork
- Rump roast
- Flank steak
- Skirt steak
They also come with grips, so you don’t burn yourself while using them.