Homemade and natural throat drops are surprisingly easy to make, and useful in soothing dry and itchy throats. This recipe includes Lemon and Ginger oils, but feel free to try Spearmint, Cinnamon, Clove, or Peppermint oils.
Lemon Ginger Throat Drops
¾ cup water
¾ cup honey
3 drops Lemon oil
1 drop Ginger oil
1 tablespoon ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) powder
- Add honey to water. Heat over medium heat in a saucepan until mixture begins to boil. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of pan where it will not touch the bottom or side. Continue boiling until water mixture reaches 300°F on the thermometer, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat immediately and allow mixture to cool for 5–10 minutes, or until the consistency becomes syrupy.
- Add Lemon and Ginger oil, stirring to combine.
- Dust candy mold with ascorbic acid powder. Pour honey mixture into molds and allow to completely cool.
- Remove from molds and dust again with ascorbic acid powder to keep the drops from sticking together once stored.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also like our
“It is more fun in the Philippines.” This is the Philippine government’s official slogan to promote its tourism. And this slogan is true to its claim—that is something native Filipinos and foreign tourists can attest to. The Philippines’ rich history, culture, and...
#1 Do Pentecostals Baptize? Yes, Pentecostals believe in the Christian sacrament of baptisms. Pentecostals only baptize adults and oppose infant baptisms, regarding rebirth as a choice for a sound and mature mind. The denomination originated in the early 1900s during...
#1 Why Do Pentecostals Not Believe in the Trinity? Pentecostals believe in an openness and oneness between the three entities of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. With more than 10-million Pentecostals in the United States (nearly half of which are members of...
#1 Why Do Lutherans Light Candles? As a symbol of lighting up the world, Lutherans light candles to: Represent how Christ lit up the world.Enhance Liturgical rituals.Connect with the sacredness of their ancient history (dating back 500+ years); The lighting pays...
#1 Why Lutherans Do Not Pray to Saints? Lutheranism, a religion that was founded in the 16th century as a response to the Roman Catholic Church, is a Protestant faith that still pertains to many Catholic-values. Linked by their Christian foundations – Lutheranism and...