We’re all trying to be healthy but it can sometimes be hard to choose between healthy and tasty… so why not choose both? This Sweet Potato Casserole strikes a balance of delicious and nutritious, and with it being easy to make, it’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
– 4 cooked sweet potatoes, peeled
– ¾ cup canned coconut milk
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– ¼ cup pure maple syrup
– ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
– ½ orange, juiced
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 4 drops Cinnamon Bark oil (or Cassia)
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING:
– 1½ cups chopped pecans or walnuts
– 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon maple syrup
– 2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil (or Cassia)
1. Place cooked sweet potatoes, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, nutmeg, orange juice, and Cinnamon Bark oil into a large bowl.
2. Blend until everything is combined. (If desired, you can add more maple syrup or Cinnamon Bark oil.)
3. Spread into an oven-safe dish and set aside.
4. Combine all topping ingredients until nuts are well coated. Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes.
5. Bake in oven at 350° F for 50–60 minutes, or until nuts have slightly browned. Serve warm.
Tip: For more sweetness, drizzle maple syrup on top!
If you love this recipe, check out
"It is more fun in the Philippines"; this is the Philippine government's official slogan to promote its tourism. And this slogan is true to its claim that Filipinos can attest to and foreign tourists too. The Philippines' rich history, culture, and people make it easy...
#1 Do Pentecostals Baptize? Yes, Pentecostals believe in the Christian sacrament of baptisms. Pentecostals only baptize adults and oppose infant baptisms, regarding rebirth as a choice for a sound and mature mind. The denomination originated in the early 1900s during...
#1 Why Do Pentecostals Not Believe in the Trinity? Pentecostals believe in an openness and oneness between the three entities of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. With more than 10-million Pentecostals in the United States (nearly half of which are members of...
#1 Why Do Lutherans Light Candles? As a symbol of lighting up the world, Lutherans light candles to: Represent how Christ lit up the world.Enhance Liturgical rituals.Connect with the sacredness of their ancient history (dating back 500+ years); The lighting pays...
#1 Why Lutherans Do Not Pray to Saints? Lutheranism, a religion that was founded in the 16th century as a response to the Roman Catholic Church, is a Protestant faith that still pertains to many Catholic-values. Linked by their Christian foundations – Lutheranism and...