If you have a plant lover in your life, gardening gifts are always a great idea. As an avid gardener, herbalist and forager, I put together a few of my favorite tools. I’ve also included some reasons why the plant lover in your life will enjoy these tools too.
1. Gardening stool – Use it as a seat or a kneeler in the garden. One large tool bag has 4 pockets, and another small tool bag has 3 pockets, it is very convenient to keep your tools outdoor. This kneeler is portable and easy to store. Holds up to 330lbs.
2. Sloggers – These gardening shoes are comfortable, weather proof and clean up easily. They keep your feet dry and give you good traction. Sloggers shoes are made from 100% recyclable, medical grade material so they have a soft feel, produce no odor, are easy to hose off clean, and will last for years. Sloggers also come in a variety of styles. I have slip on sloggers for summer and boots for winter.
3. Hori-Hori Weeding & Digging Knife with Leather Holster – this multi use tool is perfect for every gardener! I love this tool and wouldn’t want to be without it! It’s my most used gardening tool because I can use it for weeding, digging, transplanting, cutting, measuring, planting and foraging. It’s made of stainless steal, resists scratching and stays sharp. This hori-hori also comes with a leather holster for convienent carry.
4. Felco Pruning Shears – These shears have steel blades and cushioned handles for the favorite gardener in your life. The large-cutting capacity is also well-balanced in weight. Easy blade replacement shock absorbers reduce wrist fatigue suitable for every variety of pruning.
5. Leather Holster for Pruners – Manufactured to the highest quality possible, this tool holster is made in the USA with the finest materials. This genuine leather holster is a long-wearing, comfortable, and practical accessory for any task. The Felco 8 in. Leather Pruner Belt Holster provides a safe place to store your pruner, knife, work tools, or folding saw while also protecting it from the elements.
6. Drying Net – The herb drying rack is a great solution to the problem of how to dry large quantities of herbs,flowers and other plant material quickly in small space. Our herb drying rack is collapsible sock with big shelf compartments for drying your plant and herbs. After use,the herb drying rack collapses flat for esay storage until it is needed the next time.
The herb drying rack has a velcro and hook to hang it from. The netting is non-absorbent so that it doesn’t absorb moisture from the plant material and become a movement which helps with quick, even and thorough drying. The fabric strap on the top of the drying net is hooked compartments have netted sides to keep everything inside.
7. Natural Bamboo Baskets – If you prefer something prettier to dry and harvest plants, this is a great option. These baskets are rugged construction, durable, lightweight and easy to clean.
8. Push Pull Weeder – The Push Pull Hoe has changed the game when it comes to hand weeding. The V-shaped head on the Push Pull Hoe allows you to weed with a push-pull motion which is much quicker and more effective than repeatedly lifting and impacting the soil with a traditional hoe. The hardened steel blade is sharpened on both sides which allows you to cut weeds in both forward and backward directions. The sharp point easily penetrates any soil type to remove the most deeply rooted weeds. Push the hoe forward to cut a weed (root and all) from the soil, then pull the hoe backward to displace the entire weed. The Push Pull Hoe also works great as a scuffle hoe. The push-pull motion allows you to skim the surface and eliminate small surface weeds. This is the perfect garden tool for close weeding to delicate plants. The V-shaped head allows you to weed closer to plants than any other hoe without the risk of damaging your vegetable plants. If you use drip irrigation in your vegetable garden, the Push Pull Hoe is a must-have! When using drip irrigation, weeding close to drip lines and trunk lines can be a delicate issue. Because the Push Pull Hoe easily skims underneath the soil, you can remove weeds without having to worry about cutting into your drip irrigation lines. For those trunk lines on top of the soil, this garden hoe is ideal for sliding underneath the tubing to remove all the weeds congregated around the trunk line. This is my all time favorite way to pull weeds!
9. Hand Tiller – Quality craftsmanship and details like beautiful oak handles and durable carbon steel blades. Heat treated for strength and hand finished. This is another great hand tool to assist with your garden needs.
10. Digging Fork – Great for digging up root vegetables, turning soil or weeding. A great tool on any homestead.
11. Gorilla Tubs – Built to last with two extremely strong handles and flexible body make handling a Tubtrug much easier than any average bucket or tub. Tubtrugs have reinforced ribbing for extra-strength and super-strong comfort grip handles. These tough guys are also frost-proof and UV-resistant. Perfectly sized for collecting yard debris, havesting in the garden, feeding hay, organizing the garage or as a good old bathing tub for pets. Add some of the other tools mentioned in this post with the tub and you’ve got yourself a gift basket.
12. Leather Gloves – Elbow-length cowhide gloves will offer protection all the way until your elbow. Suitable for manicured cactus, blackberries, roses and other barbed plants in the garden or courtyard, thorny bushes. The inside of the gloves are very soft, to prevent blister formation during long hours of work.
13. Reusable Plant Ties – Non slip velcro garden ties to keep flowers and plants staked. Gentle on plants, can be easily repositioned and reusable. Weather resistant and ideal for tomatoes.
14. Steel Watering Can – Heavy duty galvanized steel construction for long life and rust resistance. Threaded removable rosette-diffuser creates a gentle shower of water to leave mulch and soil undisturbed; perfect for young seedlings. Angled neck spout reaches well inside your foliage.
15. Hultzer Garden Colinder – Simply collect your vegetables from the garden and place them in the Garden Colander. The loose dirt will shake right out. Then wash everything at once with either the garden hose or in the kitchen sink. The perfect accessory when gardening in the backyard or taking a trip to the farmer’s market. And, of course, it doubles as a container for bath toys as well as beach gear.
16. Weatherproof Plant Labels – A weatherproof, long-lasting and attractive way to label and identify flowers, plants, shrubs, herbs, vegetables and indoor plants. Use the GardenMate metal plant labels in the home, garden or allotment.
These labels will stand up to the elements and last a lifetime. A practical and attractive alternative to the usual plant labels, they are perfect for outdoor use.
Use them in flower beds, plant pots, balcony boxes, rockeries, herb garden, vegetable patches and more. The perfect gift for gardeners or vegetable growers. An ideal way to get children interested in gardening. Teach them about the flowers and plants, then get them to write the labels.
17. Grow Light with Stand – The LED grow light stands is an all-in-one starter set with all the necessities for your sprouting seedlings. Compact and easy-to-assemble, you will spend less time setting up and more time growing. This system uses LED lights, which have higher energy efficiency, generate less heat, and boasts a longer lifespan. The LED grow light stand is a good choice for seedlings, cuttings, veggies, flowers, herbs, greens, and more. I have been using my grow light stand for over a year and I love it!
18. Seedlings Widger and Dibber – Dibber easily and quickly makes holes in sowing compost for seeds and can be used to then fill over the top of the seed hole if required. Widger is so useful when handling delicate seedlings and cuttings.
19. Spade – The Fiskars steel D-handle square garden spade features a durable design that provides grip when you are working with soil or cutting turf. The extra-large D-handle design offers two-handed control, a sharpened blade cuts into dense soil easily and an extra-large foot platform helps maximize force to break up hardened soil clods. This spade is ideal for edging, cutting a trench, slicing through thick turf or digging.
- Trowel. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S0PGPM?tag=dbldkr-20
- Hoe – https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0031575GS?tag=dbldkr-20
- Shovel – https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IDV2GQY?tag=dbldkr-20
- Hat – https://www.amazon.com/gp/B072KB2XMZ?tag=dbldkr-20
- Storage caddy – https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07BRXQPN8?tag=dbldkr-20
- Self watering pots