Choosing a gaming headset for your setup requires a consideration of many things – the features, your budget, and, most importantly, integration. How well your gaming headset works with your current setup is critical. After all, you can’t really work with a headset that lags behind. That is why Viper’s gaming headsets stand out. But, the question is, how do they work with the PlayStation 4?
To connect your Viper gaming headset to a PlayStation 4, you can use three main methods:
- Using a Bluetooth connection between the headset and PS4.
- Connecting the headset’s audio jack to the PS4.
- Establishing a connection using a base station.
While these methods can seem quite complicated at face value, using them is pretty straightforward. In fact, we have simplified things even further with a simple step-by-step guide for you to follow. To get your Viper gaming headset set up and ready, all you need to do is to follow the instructions I go over in the rest of this article.
Connecting A Viper Headset To Your PS4
Are you looking to connect a Viper gaming headset to your PlayStation 4? The use of a headset will help you play games with excellent sound quality without any threat of disturbance. There’s very little chance someone will come in and ask you to turn the volume down. To connect a Viper gaming headset, there are three main methods, which we will go over in the next few passages.
Using Bluetooth Connection
A Bluetooth connection is one of the most common ways to connect a gaming headset. However, there are very few Bluetooth headsets that can connect to the PlayStation 4. In fact, most of the gaming headsets you see on the market will come with an additional receiver that can work to connect the headset to the PS4. In case your headset will work, there is a simple process you can follow to get to the final result:
- Start your PlayStation 4, and then open up the Settings menu.
- Now, navigate over to the Devices section in the menu.
- Choose Bluetooth Devices.
- Now, the PlayStation 4 will search for and detect all of the nearby Bluetooth devices available around you.
- Make sure to follow the on-screen instructions to pair your gaming headset to the PlayStation 4.
- Choose the Viper gaming headset in the devices, and if you need to, adjust sound settings for your gaming headset.
If this method works, congratulations! You are now connected to the PlayStation 4 through your Bluetooth connection. However, there are chances this process may not work, in which case, you need to look through the following method we will describe below.
Using The Headphone Jack
As we mentioned above, there is always a chance that a Bluetooth connection may not work when using a PlayStation 4. However, you can still try and connect the headset to the PS4 using a headphone jack. Here’s what you need to do:
- Switch on your PlayStation 4 and get your gaming headset ready.
- The headset will have a 3.5 mm jack. Connect that to the headphone connector on your PlayStation 4.
- Hold down the PlayStation button that you can see on the controller.
- You will be able to see a menu with all of the settings.
- If there are any sound settings you would like to change, you can change them by going to Sound/Devices in the settings menu.
If you are still struggling to connect the headset to your PS4, there is still one more method to try connecting the Viper gaming headset.
Related: The 5 Best Gaming Chairs for PS4
Using A TOSLink
When you get most gaming headsets, they come with a base station. You can connect this directly to the PlayStation 4 to get steady sound and privacy. Here is the step-by-step guide to connecting a Viper headset to the PS4 using this method:
- Switch on the PlayStation 4 and get it ready for connection.
- Connect the Viper headset’s base station to the PlayStation using a USB. This will allow the optical and sound cable to transfer.
- Now, navigate over to the Settings menu on your PlayStation 4.
- Move over to the Sound and Screen menu. Then, choose the option ‘Audio Output Settings.’
- Choose ‘Primary Output Port,’ and then you need to change the option towards a Digital Output.
- You can select Dolby Digitial 5.1 as the format for the input and select the option ‘OK.’
- Now, you should move on to adjusting the Audio Output Settings.
- Move over to the Audio Format settings and then change them to Bitstream.
- Now, in the Settings menu, move from Devices and then towards Audio Devices.
- In this setting, you can change the input and output device to show the name of your Viper headset.
- Finally, under ‘Output to the headset,’ choose the option Chat Audio.
Now, your Viper headset is connected and ready to use with the PlayStation 4!
How To Set Up Your Viper Headset
We’ve talked a lot about connecting the Viper gaming headset to a PlayStation device, but what about the initial setup? Here’s what you need to do to get your Viper gaming headset ready to go!
The first thing you need to do is to connect the headset to hardware, such as your computer’s USB ports. You can connect it and then wait for about 10 seconds to allow the computer to recognize the hardware. The next step is to download the necessary software.
To adjust the settings on your Viper headset, you will need to download software. You can do this at this link. Once you download the software, you can double-click it and start installing it on your computer. With all of that ready, you can now adjust the sound, profiles, and much more.
You now have all the tools you will need to get your Viper gaming headset ready to work with your PlayStation 4. While the process may be tricky, the end result with impeccable sound and perfect immersion is well worth it!