We all love our pets, but sometimes they can cause a mess that leaves us less than charmed with their antics. The Bissell Pet Pro will give you back your clean, sweet-smelling home and heal the rift between you and your pet.
What do you need to know about the Bissell Pet Pro? The Bissell Pet Pro features the latest in deep cleaning water extraction technology to remove pet stains and odors. The machine’s special features target pet messes with a pretreater for stains, an upholstery tool, and a deep clean mode.
But all the high-tech cleaning gadgets in the world won’t help you if you don’t know how to use it. Before you pull out your credit card and order, learn more about the Bissell Pet Pro and how it compares to other Bissell cleaners
What is the Bissell ProHeat Pet Pro?
The Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro is a unique carpet cleaning system for pet owners. The company has several models with the Pet Pro clean up system, which features the “CleanShot” pretreater to target stains and spots.
The Pet Pro Model 1986 system also features a 2-in-1 tool for upholstery that offers better pickup for pet hair and dander. You can use it dry to remove hair and then use it wet for urine and other stains.
The Bissell Pet Pro also offers a deep cleaning mode that competes with large rental machines. It delivers hot water through the entire process with HeatWave technology to maintain the water at the right temperature.
It also has two powered brushes and full-width suction for a quicker carpet cleaning.
Bissell Pet Pro Features
- CleanShot Pretreater
- 2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Tool
- 3-inch stain tool
- 3-in-1 stair tool
- Sliding crevice tool
- Adjustable cleaning mode
- EZ Clean brush roll cover
- Two DirtLifter Power Brushes
- 8-ounce bottle of Professional Pet Urine Eliminator with Oxy and Febreeze
- 8-ounce bottle of Pro Boost Formula Enhancer
- Rinse and storage tray
What Is The Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro?
The Pet Pro (model 2306A) includes a special brush for picking up pet hair from hard flooring. The Pet Pro model also features a microfiber and nylon brush that lets you sweep and mop at the same time, saving you time.
If you’re wondering how much is the Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro, shopping around is your best option. You’ll find it for sale online between $280 and $400, but you can finance your purchase directly through the company website.
CrossWave Pet Pro Features
- Vacuums and washes floors at the same time
- Tangle-Free Pet Brush Roll
- Cleans wood, tile, laminate, linoleum, carpet, and area rugs
- Pet Hair Strainer
- 8-ounce bottle of Multi-surface Pet Formula
- Rinse and storage tray
Comparing the Bissell Pet Pro With The Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro
The Bissell Pet Pro and the CrossWave Pet Pro are both excellent cleaning tools for any pet owner. However, what if you’re not sure exactly which is better for your needs.
Let’s take a side-by-side look to see which one is your best choice.
|Function or Specification||Bissell ProHeat Pet Pro||Bissell CrossWave Pet Pro|
|Application||Carpet, Upholstery||Tile, Wood, Vinyl, Carpet, Rugs|
|Amperage||6.8 amps||4.4 amps|
|Cleaning Path||11 inches wide||12 inches wide|
|Cord||25 feet||25 feet|
|Water Tank Capacity||1 gallon||28 ounces|
|Weight||19 pounds||11 pounds|
|Warranty||5 Years Limited||3 Years Limited|
How to Use the Bissell Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner.
The first step is putting the machine together before use:
- Insert the handle into the machine base until it clicks.
- Put the carry handle on by inserting it into the sides of the frame until it clicks.
- Remove the screw taped to the handle and insert it into the carry handle with a Philip’s head screwdriver and tighten.
- Align the clean water take with the grooves on the top of the machine and slide it into place.
Filling The Clean Water Tank
To get started, you’ll need to fill the clean water tank with cleaning solution:
- Turn off and unplug your machine.
- Remove the clean water tank by pulling it straight up.
- Unscrew the cap on the bottom to fill with solution.
- Chose your preferred cleaning mode to identify which fill line to use on the tank.
- Fill the tank to the correct fill line with hot tap water.
- Add your cleaning solution to the tank and return the cap.
- Invert the tank and line it up with the grooves on the upper handle of the machine.
- Slide the tank into place.
Cleaning Your Carpets With The Bissell Pet Pro
The Bissell Pet Pro offers three different cleaning modes. The express mode lets you clean your carpet quickly using a small amount of cleaning fluid that will dry in an hour.
How To Use The Bissell Pet Pro Express Mode
- Plug the machine into a grounded outlet.
- Choose Express Mode on the machine.
- Press the power on the left side of the machine to start.
- Press the pedal with your foot to pull the handle back into the recline mode.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the carpet by pressing the spray trigger.
- Pass the machine over the area you want to clean while pulling the spray trigger.
- Release the trigger and make another pass over the spot to extract the solution.
- Continue over the areas of the carpet you wish to clean.
- Allow to dry for about an hour.
How To Use The Bissell ProHeat Pet Upright Deep Cleaner Mode
- Select the Deep Clean mode on the machine.
- Press the pedal to pull the machine handle back into the reclining position.
- Pull the spray trigger to dispense the cleaning fluid.
- Slowly move the machine over a small area that you want to clean while pressing the spray trigger.
- Let go of the trigger and then make another pass, forward and backward, to vacuum up the cleaning solution.
- Continue with this two-step process—spraying and then extracting—over small areas of your carpet.
- Move to the next area and then continue until all areas you wish to clean are done.
How To Use The Bissell ProHeat Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner In Max Clean Mode
- Select the Max Clean mode on the machine.
- Turn on the machine using the button on the left side of the machine.
- Pull the handle back by stepping on the pedal.
- Pull the spray trigger, moving the machine slowly over the dirty area of your carpet.
- Release the spray trigger and then pass the machine over the area again to extract the dirty solution.
- Continue with this process, cleaning one small area at a time, until you’ve cleaned the entire carpet.
- The carpet should be dry in approximately 8 hours.
Further instructions can be found in your Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution Pet Pro manual. You can also watch the manufacturer’s demonstration video here.
How To Use The CleanShot Function On The Bissell Pet Pro
The CleanShot pretreater allows you to apply cleaning fluid to heavily soiled areas of your carpet for better results. To use this feature:
- Make sure your machine is plugged in and switched on.
- Lean the handle back by pushing down on the recline pedal.
- Press the green CleanShot button with your foot.
- The window on the button will become green and show an “i.”
- Soak any stains using the CleanShot sprayer and your cleaning solution.
- Turn off the CleanShot button, which will turn the window red, showing an “o.”
- Then, pass the machine over the stains several times to extract the dirty cleaning solution.
How To Use The 2-in-1 Pet Tool
The 2-in-1 pet tool that comes with your Bissell Pet Pro will help you remove dirt and stains from your upholstery. To use the tool:
- Attach the 10-foot hose included to the foot of your machine.
- The colored release clip should be facing out, away from the machine.
- Attach the pet tool the other end of the hose.
- Plug in your machine and turn it on with the button on the left side of the machine.
- To pick up pet hair, select “Dry Mode” with the slider on the top of the pet tool.
- Rake the tool over the area you want to vacuum, pressing the rubber nodules into the fabric to pick up hair.
- Remove the pet hair and any other debris by detaching the dry cup and emptying it.
- To deep clean your upholstery, change the slider switch to “wet mode.”
- Run the face of the pet tool over the area to be cleaned while pressing the spray trigger on the pet tool.
- You can run the tool over the area a second or third time to extract more dirty water.
- Work in small sections until you’ve covered all areas you wish to clean.
For full details, the manufacturer has produced a how-to video you can view here.
How To Empty The Dirty Water Tank
During the cleaning process, your dirty water tank will fill with the water you’ve extracted from the carpet. You’ll need to empty it frequently to maintain suction. To do so:
- Press down on the tank handle.
- Tilt the tank forward and remove it.
- Pull up on the rubber tab at the top.
- Then empty the dirty water.
- Press down on the rubber tab and replace the tank onto the machine.
How to Use The Rinse And Storage Tray On The Bissell Pet Pro
The Bissell Pet Pro comes with a rinse and storage tray that helps you keep your machine clean and in good working order. You’ll need to assemble it before use:
- Take the large tray piece and snap it into the hooks on either side of the smaller tray piece.
- To use the rinse tray, set the machine in the tray and open the door for the accessory hose.
- Ensure that the machine is sitting in the upright position and not reclined.
- Using clean tap water, fill the cup for the rinse tray to the fill line.
- Empty the rinse cup into the rinse tray.
- Turn the machine on so that the brush rollers spin in the tray, cleaning them.
- Run for six to eight seconds, then close the accessory hose door.
- Repeat two to three times to clean the brushes.
Troubleshooting Problems with Your Bissell ProHeat Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner
From time to time, you may run into problems with the operation of your machine. Two common problems can occur with the suction and spraying functions.
Why Is My Bissell ProHeat Pet Not Spraying On Floor?
If your Bissell Pet Pro isn’t spraying at the foot, or isn’t spraying adequately, try the following steps to troubleshoot your machine.
- First, make sure your clean water tank is full. You may need to fill it several times if you’re cleaning a large area of carpeting.
- Make sure the water tank is properly seated in the machine. Take it out and slide it in again, ensuring that it is fully engaged.
- If using the Express mode, the machine will spray less water. If you need a heavier spray, switch the machine to Deep Clean mode.
- Check the tank to make sure there are no cracks in it. If your tanks if warped or cracked, you may need to replace it by contacting the Bissell company.
Why Is My Bissell ProHeat Pet Pro Not Spraying At The Tool?
If you’re not getting water spray at the hose or from the pet tool, check the following:
- Check that the tool is properly attached to the hose.
- Press on the hose base to make sure it’s tightly sealed.
- Make sure your clean water tank is full and properly seated in the machine.
- Your hose may have lost it’s prime if you’re getting a weak spray from the pet tool.
- Check to make sure the pump is primed. (See below for instructions on how to prime.)
Then, hold the tool below the clean water tank level and press the spray trigger. Press down on the CleanShot button with your foot and run the CleanShot spray for a few seconds.
Why Is My Bissell ProHeat Pet Not Spraying Water?
- To troubleshoot the function of the CleanShot pretreatment feature, make sure you have pressed the CleanShot button and that it has turned green.
- Then, make sure that your clean water tank is full.
- Ensure that the clean water tank is properly seated in the machine.
- Check that the handle is in the reclined position before using, since CleanShot wont’ work if it’s upright.
How To Prime The Bissell Pet Pro
- To prime the pump in your machine, unplug the machine and turn it off.
- Remove the clear cover from the nozzle and the one from the brush tool.
- Take a ball point pen and press the nib into the black cylinder next to the screw on the machine food until water bubbles appear.
- Then reassemble and replace the nozzle and brush covers.
Why Is My Bissell ProHeat Not Suctioning?
Another frequent problem is lack of suction at the foot of your machine when running. To troubleshoot and fix this problem:
- Remove the dirty water tank and check the connections.
- Make sure that there is no debris on the motor duct.
- Empty the dirty water tank completely.
- Check to make sure that there are no cracks in the tank.
- Press down on all sides of the tank plug to ensure it’s completely sealed.
- Check the bottom cap to see if it’s screwed on tightly.
- Return the tank to the machine and ensure that it’s properly seated.
Why Is My Bissell ProHeat Hose Not Suctioning?
The front nozzle and brush roll cover can also cause problems with suction in the hose. To improve suction for using the Pet Tool:
- Turn off the machine and unplug it.
- Remove the nozzle cover on the foot of the machine.
- Rinse the nozzle in clean water.
- Use the nozzle cleanout tool provided to remove any debris.
- Then, remove the brush roll cover by pressing the release buttons on either side.
- Pull the brush roll cover straight up.
- Use the cleanout tool remove pet hair and debris from the power brushes.
- Reassemble the machine by placing the brush roll cover back on the machine.
- The brush roll cover will click when properly sealed.
- Line up the nozzle along the front edge of the machine.
- Flip it back and snap it back into place.
- Close the accessory hose door making sure that it is clicked into place.
Although the Bissell ProHeat Pet Pro carpet cleaning machine can seem a bit intimidating at first, it offers so many great cleaning functions. Naturally, it may take a little time to learn how to use all of them.
With all its special features and extra tools, it’s definitely worth your money if you have pets.
For everyday messes, the CrossWave Pet Pro is also a good option. While it doesn’t offer the deep cleaning functions and upholstery options that the ProHeat Pet Pro does, it can clean any floor surface including carpets and area rugs. If you love your pets but are tired of the mess and smell, it’s time to elevate your cleaning game with a Bissell Pet Pro. With its Express mode, you can get back to fun part of having a pet—like going for walks and chasing balls—even quicker.