The Tonal workout machine has become an incredibly popular option for home workouts. In a time where many don’t feel safe exercising in large groups of people or in gyms where you are not sure how often the equipment is cleaned, having a way to keep in shape and get a challenging workout in your own home, is priceless. The Tonal can be adjusted to your level, no matter what.
Whether you are just starting your exercising journey or need a challenging weightlifting workout, your account adjusts and grows with you. Another great part of the Tonal workout machine is that whether you are single or have a large family, you can add an individualized account for each person in your family. If you’re not sure how to add more than one user, we have you covered. Read on to find out how.
How Do I Add a User on Tonal?
For each Tonal machine, there will be a primary account. The primary account cannot be changed to someone else by the user. If at any point, you want to transfer the primary account to someone else (if you sell it or you no longer wish to use it) you will need to contact Tonal support. They can be reached at (855) MY TONAL.
Once you have established the primary account, you can add additional accounts by taking the following steps:
- Log out of whichever account is currently in use. This will take you back to the login screen.
- Once you are at the login screen, you will see a row of accounts with a button next to them that that has a plus sign on it. Push the plus sign. You will be taken to a page where you can enter your own, individual details and create your personalized account.
- Fill out your basic information. This includes your email address, a password, your date of birth, your height, your weight, and your gender.
- Next, fill out the information about your workout needs. This includes your workout goals, your current level, and your starting weights.
- If you are not sure what your starting weights should be or you want to up the challenge, tap the button labeled “Recalibrate” in the starting weights section. The Tonal will give you a strength assessment, with a suggested weight level.
- Check and double-check to make sure that all your information is correct.
- Once you have confirmed all your information, choose whether or not to save your log-in information. If you save your information, any future logins can be accomplished by pushing on your profile on the log-in screen. If you do not save the login information, you will have to re-enter your email and password each time.
Once you create your account and start using the Tonal, you will be able to see your stats on your profile, as well. These stats include tonal volume (which is the number of reps you do), the workouts you have completed, and strength score (where Tonal measures your overall body strength).
How Do I Edit My Profile?
If you wish to edit any of your personal information or account, go to your profile and select the button labeled “Edit Account” in the top right corner. This will take you to the page where you can see your name, email address, password, membership, and membership on this trainer. To change any information, press the pencil icon, and make any necessary changes.
How Do I Remove My Account?
If you no longer use the Tonal and want to remove your profile, go back to the home screen. If someone else is logged in, make sure to log them out first. Find your account profile in the list and press on it. An X will appear. Tap it and it will remove your profile from the list.
*Note: Removing your account does not delete your data. To do that, you will have to submit a request or call them at 855-MY-TONAL.
With a Tonal workout machine, no matter how big your family is, you can have a personalized workout for each person, with the unlimited accounts feature for each household. Adding accounts is a simple process that involves entering your personal information (height, weight, workout goals, email address, and password).
To enter this information, make sure that there is no one currently logged in. If they are, log out. At the login screen, tap the + button located next to all the accounts currently in use. Enter the details listed above, choose whether or not to save your login information, and you are good to go with your account.