It is common knowledge that Apple’s AirPods work amazingly across all of the company’s products. That is, after all, what manufacturers at Apple designed them for. However, AirPods can also connect to other devices, such as an LG TV. Since I happen to have both, I wanted to know how we could connect the two together, and with some research, I found there are a few easy ways to do this.
There are many ways to connect AirPods to an LG TV. You can do this through the Bluetooth feature on your TV, or through the Apple TV app, or through a streaming stick like Roku or the Firestick. You can use any of these methods interchangeably.
If you are curious about the different ways to connect AirPods to an LG TV, this is the right article for you! Join us as we explore the possibilities when it comes to connection, especially at the app level, or to connecting to a streaming stick.
Direct Connection Via Bluetooth
One of the most common ways anyone will connect their AirPods to an LG TV is through the built-in Bluetooth feature. You can use this no matter what type of AirPods you use. This is because most LG TVs have the Bluetooth 5.0 version, which is compatible with older versions.
Therefore, even if you use the first-generation AirPods, they can easily connect with your LG TV. To make this happen, you need to follow the steps below, but make sure you can adjust depending on the model of TV you are using:
- Switch on your LG TV, and using the remote, press the settings button.
- The TV will take you to the settings menu on your TV.
- From here, select the option ‘Sound Out’ and then move through the available setting options.
- When you see the words ‘LG Sound Sync/Bluetooth,’ you can stop moving and select ‘Device Selection.’
- Now, you will be able to see the Device Selection page, where you can see the available pairing devices and devices.
- Now, put the AirPods inside their case and keep the lid open.
- Hold down the setup button until it flashes to a white color, which means the AirPods are in pairing mode.
- Now, you will be able to see the AirPods on all of the available devices on the screen on the TV.
- Press the name of the AirPods on the TV, and pair them with the TV using the Bluetooth sync.
You can revert back to using the internal speakers from your TV at any time using the Sound Out tab. From here, you will have to select ‘Internal TV Speaker.’ Then, the speaker will change from your AirPods back to the TV speakers.
Connection Via Apple TV Device
There could be a lot of circumstances where connecting directly via Bluetooth is not an option. In that case, you may want to use another method, which is to connect using the Apple TV device. You can do this using the following method:
- Connect the Apple TV device to the LG TV with the help of an HDMI cable.
- You can now try and connect the AirPods to the LG TV with the help of the Apple TV device.
- For this process to work, you will need to put your Apple TV device on the same iCloud account as your AirPods. When this is the case, then they connect automatically.
- If that is not the case, you can open the Apple TV App and then go to the Settings page.
- From here, choose Remotes and Devices, and then select the option Bluetooth.
- Switch on Pairing Mode on your AirPods, and wait until you see them on the Apple TV App list.
- Now you can select the AirPods and then connect them to the App.
Connection Via Roku
If you use a Roku streaming device to watch programs at home, the good news is that you can also use it to connect to the AirPods! While the Roku can’t directly connect to the AirPods, you can actually create a connection with an intermediate device. The intermediate device can be your phone. You can follow these steps to learn this method:
- Plug in your Roku device into your LG TV’s HDMI port.
- You can also put your AirPods in pairing mode but connect them to your phone instead.
- Now, download the Roku App from the App Store or Play Store onto your phone.
- Next, connect the Roku device to the App on your phone.
- On the App, from the option, Remote, choose devices.
- Confirm your selection, and then choose Connect Now.
- Now, you will need to connect the AirPods to the Roku App.
- To do this, you can tap Remote, and then choose the headphones icon, and then select Okay.
- Now you can pair the AirPods to the phone.
Connection Via Fire Stick
Although this may not be the most effective solution to get your AirPods connected to an LG TV, they can be used as a last resort in the case that nothing else works with the headphones. The biggest problem with using a Fire Stick is that it will be very hard to control the volume when you are streaming using this device. However, if this is the only option you have, here are the steps to making it happen:
- Switch on your TV and connect the Fire Stick like you usually do.
- On the remote for the Fire Stick, press the Settings button.
- You will be taken to the Settings page on the App for Fire Stick on the TV.
- Scroll until you see the option ‘Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.’
- From here, choose the option ‘Other Bluetooth Devices.’
- Take your AirPods into pairing mode until you can see their name in the list of devices on the TV.
- Now, select and connect the AirPods.
Now you have four new ways to connect your AirPods to an LG TV. We hope this article helped you understand how the connection process works!