Having an Oculus Quest (or Quest 2) on hand can enhance your VR experience by millions. This virtual reality headset is a device that enables the user to play games and run software wirelessly. I love using my device specifically for a few reasons. For one, I can move around freely and comfortably when wanting to play games. There is no restricting factor, ensuring an experience as close to reality as possible. However, there is one issue that took me a while to overcome when it came to using my Oculus device at its total capacity. Connecting the headset to the TV can prove to be particularly tough. Why is it so, and what can you do to ensure you don’t face a similar issue?
To connect to the TV and share your Oculus experience with others, you must cast to your nearest TV. This will ensure a fully inclusive and immersive experience. Casting can be done through an Oculus app on your phone or through the headset itself. All you require is a TV with Chromecast, which can be built-in. You may also need a device that is plugged into the TV, and all your problems will be solved.
Please continue reading if you are interested in learning more about adequately connecting your Oculus to your LG TV without facing any issues! This will help you learn to share your VR experience with your friends in no time! We will look into how you can do that in the rest of this article.
How to Connect Oculus to your TV
Your Oculus can be connected to your TV using your phone, your headset, or both! This way, if one way to connect isn’t working for you, you can always scroll further down this article and connect it the other way.
- To connect your Oculus using your phone, you first must ensure your device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Oculus headset. This is a necessary step because, with your phone connected to a different network, it simply won’t be able to connect to your Oculus Quest properly.
- Next, you must turn on your TV and headset and open the Oculus app on your phone. Once the app is open, you’ll see an icon shaped like a headset with Wi-Fi waves on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the icon to cast. If you are logging in to the app or using the feature for the first time, you might need to grant access to your Wi-Fi network to cast successfully.
- A menu titled ‘Cast From’ would open, and the system would show a list of headsets. Ensure that you select your headset from the section.
- Soon after, a ‘Cast To’ section will open where you must tap your TV or Chromecast device. If it does not show, ensure the Chromecast is on and tap ‘Tap to search for other devices.’
- Finally, tap ‘Start’ from the bottom of the screen and watch as the Oculus display casts onto your TV successfully!
Connecting An Oculus Headset To TV Directly
Connecting your Oculus headset to the TV directly is a smaller and relatively quicker process. Look below for the 3 step process!
- To connect to your TV using the headset, turn on your headset and look to the home screen.
- Use your controller to click on ‘Cast to,’ which you can see on the right side of the screen in the utility pane.
- Right after, a pop-up window will show up where available devices will be in a list.
- Choose your TV from the list and use the controller to choose ‘Next.’
- A notification will show up on your headset saying the casting has started.
And that’s it! It’s that easy! And with the help of this article, you will be able to avoid the mind-numbing experience of figuring out how to connect your headset to your TV. This simple process will enable you to share your VR experience with your friends in real-time!
If you would like to stick around and hear about some primary top features of the Oculus Quest, continue reading!
Top Features of the Oculus Headset
Surround sound audio for this special edition is part of the headset. From being able to hear footsteps approaching from varying directions to hearing sounds from a different room, you get the chance to utterly immerse yourself in your game!
Sensitive Hand Tracking
By enabling this very cool feature from the settings, you will be able to grab objects effectively and efficiently navigate through menus. The cameras from your headset detect your hands and fingers and help you actively participate in games, especially those that are made explicitly for hand-tracking purposes.
Swift Voice Commands
Instead of having to go through controls to enable certain features consistently, you can simply do so with the help of voice commands! Different commands include searching the web, taking screenshots, changing volume settings, opening specific apps, and more! You can do this by enabling the double-tap feature through the Settings under Device.
Instead of using different cables and greenscreens to experience the game via your headset properly, the Oculus app makes it ten times easier! Now, you need to turn your headset on and see how the new, cool effects become part of your gaming experience.
You can experience all of these features and more by investing in buying the Oculus (whether it’s the Oculus Quest or the Oculus Quest 2) and sharing your gaming moments with others. We hope this article encourages you to spend time with your friends and hopefully make the Oculus experience one that you can share with your friends during sleepovers and other hangouts!