In 2001, Apple made waves when it released its iconic, white wired earbuds. Now, nearly 20 years later, Apple’s done it again with its AirPods, this time, sans the wires. Whether you’re a lifelong Apple fan or just purchased your first pair of AirPods, you might have many questions about using them, such as how to sync them to your device.
The following is a short informational guide about how you can sync your AirPods and connect them to your PC.
How to Sync AirPods
When you turn on your AirPods, they will automatically connect to each other. However, for whatever reason, they might seem out of sync––meaning that there are audio delays or only one earbud connects to your Bluetooth device.
If you’re encountering this problem, you should first disconnect them from your Bluetooth-enabled device. Choose “Forget This Device” before proceeding with these steps:
- Put your AirPods back in their charging slots.
- Close the lid and wait 15 seconds.
- Hold down on the setup button for at least 10 seconds.
- Wait until the light flashes white.
Now, proceed with the setup instructions like you did before. Your AirPods should be in sync with one another, with no lags, interruptions, or delays.
How to Connect AirPods to a Computer
Before choosing the set of instructions that are right for you, make sure your AirPods’ battery is 20 percent or higher. If not, you’ll have a hard time connecting them.
That being said, follow these steps to connect your AirPods to your PC:
Connecting AirPods to a PC
If you’re using a computer with a Windows 10 operating system (the latest version), you should:
- Put your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Open the AirPod case.
- Hold down on the charging case’s button until it starts flashing white.
- Open the Windows start menu.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Choose “Devices.”
- Select “Bluetooth & other devices.”
- Tap “Add Bluetooth or other devices.”
- Select “Bluetooth.”
- Choose your AirPods from the drop-down list.
You don’t have to follow these instructions every time you want to use your AirPods with your computer. When you turn on both devices, they should pair automatically.
Connecting AirPods to a MacBook
To connect your AirPods to your MacBook:
- Put your AirPods in the charging case, close the lid, and hold down on the case’s button for 10 seconds until the light starts flashing.
- Choose the Bluetooth icon on your toolbar.
- Select your AirPods from the list below.
Just like with a PC, whenever you turn on your MacBook and AirPods, the two will automatically connect.
Can You Connect Two Pairs of AirPods to the Same Device?
If you have an Apple product on iOS 13 or higher, you can sync two pairs of AirPods to the same device. This means you and a loved one can listen to the same podcasts, music, and programs without having to give up an AirPod.
You can connect two pairs of AirPods to the same iOS device by:
- Connecting your AirPods to your device, like you always would.
- Going to “Settings,” then “Bluetooth.”
- Holding down on the second pair of AirPods charging button for 10 seconds.
- Letting go when the light flashes white.
- Choosing the second set of AirPods where it says “Other Devices.”
When the screen says “Connected,” you’ve successfully paired two sets of AirPods to the same device.
What if My AirPods Won’t Sync with My Device?
First things first, make sure your AirPods aren’t already connected to another device. For instance, if your AirPods are already connected to your phone, it’ll be hard to connect them to your computer.
If you already checked that, consider these steps:
- Put Your AirPods Closer to the Device – Your AirPods can maintain a connection as long as they’re within 30 feet of your device. Any further than that, they won’t get or maintain a connection.
- Charge Your AirPods – If your AirPods’ batteries are running low, they won’t connect to your device right away. Take a few minutes to charge your AirPods before attempting to pair them.
- Make Sure Your Device Are on the Latest Operating System – Your AirPods might not connect to your device if it’s not on the latest operating system. You can check for updates in the Google Play Store or App Store. Updates are released anywhere from every few weeks to every few months.
A Final Word
In short, syncing your AirPods is easy, and connecting your AirPods to your PC is equally as simple as long as you follow the steps mentioned above.