Recording video footage on your mobile phone can be frustrating and overwhelming at times, especially when what you are recording is action-packed. So, how can using a device such as the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 create video footage that is high quality?
Knowing how to record stellar video footage that has cinematic quality depends entirely on the equipment you have to use. Keep reading to learn more about how to use your DJI Osmo Mobile 3.
Balance Your DJI Osmo Mobile 3
One of the most important steps in using your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is ensuring that it is balanced to produce smooth video footage. Without balancing your DJI Osmo Mobile 3, your footage might give viewers motion sickness!
Balancing your DJI and smartphone is a very simple task but can go a long way to getting those high-quality videos. It might seem unnecessary, but we can’t stress enough… don’t skip this step!
Here is how to balance your DJI Osmo Mobile 3:
- Put your smartphone in the case on your gimbal.
- Ensure that the DJI logo is forward-facing.
- Make sure the phone camera is to the left.
- Adjust position to ensure that the phone does not lean or fall.
Activate Your DJI Osmo Mobile 3
The first time you use your DJI Osmo Mobile 3, you are required to activate it through the DJI Mimo App. This can be done by following a set of specific instructions that are easy to follow.
Here are the steps to getting your DJI activated:
- Open the DJI Mimo App.
- Click on the camera icon in the upper left corner.
- Tap the Bluetooth icon in the upper left corner of the DJI Osmo.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your activation.
Using Your DJI Osmo 3 in Standby Mode
Using the standby mode allows you to keep your mobile phone attached to the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 instead of having to detach and reattach it when you are ready to use it. While the gimbal is folded, you will still be able to use your smartphone.
Putting your DJI Osmo in standby mode is as easy as pressing the M button three times. You will know the Osmo Mobile 3 is in standby mode when the yellowish indicator light is flashing.
Other Tips and Tricks for Using Your DJI Osmo 3
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a gimbal device that is used to record video footage with high-quality results.
You can take advantage of all of the DJI Osmo 3 functions with our tips and tricks, including how to use the M Button for various functions and maintaining a charged DJI Osmo 3. You can also use the gestures function while filming.
Up next, we’ll share some of our favorite tips and tricks to help you capture smooth, high-quality video with your DJI Osmo 3.
Using the M Button
The M button on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is used for many different functions, including being the main power button. In addition to that, it also can be used to either take video or pictures and allows you to easily go back and forth between them.
The M button also will pull up a quick menu with certain options that can be used to switch modes if needed. You can also switch from portrait mode to landscape when it suits your needs better.
Keeping Your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Charged
Charging your DJI Osmo when you are on the go is a simple task that includes either using the USB port on the side of the unit or using a power bank. To ensure you have enough of a charge when you are using it away from electricity, you should ensure that it is on a full charge.
Additional DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Functions and Controls
There are several different functions and controls available on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 that you can use for various purposes. After learning about the different capabilities of your gimbal, it will be easier to use when you need it.
Here are some of the functions and controls you need to know about:
- To start recording, simply press the red button and choose which orientation you want from either vertical, horizontal, or back.
- The trigger functions allow you to do a variety of things, such as keeping your smartphone in one position, updating your smartphone, switching from the front cameras to the back, and going into sports mode.
- The joystick allows you to move the position of the phone without having to touch it. You can also pan a landscape or tilt the camera using the joystick.
- Gesture control allows you to use hand gestures that are programmed in to signal the DJI Osmo to take a picture or video.
No matter what purpose you have in mind for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3, you can easily use the various functions and modes to create what you want. This device comes in handy if you are interested in creating amazing video footage for yourself or other purposes.