Having a way to work out and stay fit is an important part of our physical and mental health. The last couple of years has stressed the importance of having a way to work out that does not involve going to the gym around many other people. One of the ways that come to mind is walking or running, which can often be done outside. However, sometimes weather or safety issues necessitate the importance of an indoor option, such as the Proform treadmill.
The Proform has a variety of features, including a touch screen, blue tooth capability, built-in workouts, manual workouts, and a 30-day free trial for the iFIT program. Some people may not want to use the iFit program because they prefer a more independent workout. However, they may not be sure how to bypass the iFIT program as it is the first thing you may see when you turn on the treadmill. Read on to find out how to use your Proform without iFIT.
How Do I Use a Proform Without iFIT?
All Proforms come with a sticker that says you will need to go to iFIT’s website to activate your Proform. Do not worry, this is not true, and you can activate your treadmill without activating iFIT. Even better, you won’t need to spend hours on a phone call with a customer service representative. It is not a complicated process whatsoever.
Put your Proform together following assembly instructions, make sure it is plugged in, and activate it without activating iFIT, by taking the following steps:
- Locate the reset button. This is a grey button located on the back of the treadmill near the power chord. It is labeled “Reset” on one side, and “Off” on the other side.
- Push the button to the side labeled “Off” then immediately push it back to the side labeled “Reset.” Return to the front of the treadmill where you can see the screen.
- At this point, you should see two things. First, “HELLO” will flash across the screen, then the screen will go blank.
- As soon, as the screen goes blank, push the iFIT button for anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds. This is a blue and white button located to the right of the screen. Once you have pushed it, you will see a bunch of zeros on the screen. This means that your Proform has been reset and is ready to use.
Why Should I Not Activate iFIT?
You may be wondering why you would not want to activate iFIT. After all, it is a built-in workout program that may help you reach your fitness goals. There are a few reasons why people may want to bypass it.
- It is deceptive. It gives the impression that you will have to make another purchase when you do not have to.
- It is confusing. You have already bought the treadmill and seeing a sticker that says you have to activate another program before you can use the treadmill can be confusing. To people who just want to use the manual option for a run or walk, it can also be frustrating, because they never asked for any add-ons.
- To activate, you have to enter personal information. This includes entering your credit card information. This is the same kind of information you will have to put in when you purchase most things, but it can be very off-putting to some people.
Are There Reasons I Would Want to Activate iFIT?
Although you may be put off by the sticker on your treadmill that says you need to activate iFIT it may be worth it to activate it. There are over 16,000 workouts that have access to for free for 30 days, and then only $15 a month after that. If you decide that you do not like it or that you are fine without it, then you have plenty of time to cancel the membership before you get charged.
The Proform treadmill comes with many great features, including blue tooth, a touch screen, built-in workout options, and a 30-day free trial to iFIT where you have access to 16,000 workouts. However, some people do not want to activate iFIT and get frustrated by the sticker that says they need to activate it to use their Proform.
To use your Proform without activating iFIT, you will need to take a few simple steps. First, reset the treadmill, by switching the button on the back to off and then back to reset. The screen on the front will flash the word “Hello” and then go blank. Once it has gone blank, push the iFIT button for 15-30 seconds. A bunch of zeros will come up on the screen. This means that your Proform has been reset and is ready to use.