Tall people have a lot of trouble finding comfortable seating for gaming purposes. The average desk height and chair height are designed for someone 5’5″ to 6′ tall. Taller gamers cannot find chairs that fit properly without spending weeks modifying them or purchasing specialized equipment such as risers and pillows just to game comfortably.
There are plenty of gaming chairs for tall people, but there are only a few that really stand out as being the best for this niche. For this reason, we have gathered a list of three of the best chairs for tall people and information about each one to help you choose a great gaming chair regardless of your size or budget.
Vertagear Gaming Chair
With high-tech designs coupled with ergonomic features, Vertagear gaming chairs are built to satisfy any type of player. So, whether you’re a first-person shooter enthusiast or prefer sports games, we’ve got you covered!
The Vertagear Gaming Chair Features features:
- Recommended height: Up to 6’4″.
- Recommended weight: Up to 260lbs.
- Full support and lumbar cushioning and head cushioning. This helps to relieve any neck or back pain that can come from long gaming sessions.
- Alleviates discomfort. The design of these gaming chairs was explicitly made to alleviate this discomfort while still providing all-day support.
- You’ll even find mesh backing on their racing seats, allowing airflow.
The Vertagear Racing Series S-Line SL-5000 gaming chair will hit the sweet spot for extreme gamers. It transforms an everyday gaming experience into something that everyone around you will recognize as serious business with a racing-inspired design and a stylish look.
GT RACING Gaming Chair with Speakers
The GT Racing Gaming Chair is one of the most adjustable chairs when considering height. It also comes with built-in speakers that are embedded into the armrests for sound only your gaming ears can hear.
Some other features of the GT Racing Gaming Chair include:
- Multi-functional: adjustable armrests and height on seats with 6-hour music play, 90 to 170 degrees of recline, 360° swivel, a 5-point base built strong for stability.
- Supported by casters that glide smoothly and a removable headrest pillow or lumbar cushion.
- Ergonomic Design: Sturdy metal frame promotes a neutral, balanced posture and reduces your pressure points to keep you comfortable after long hours of work.
With the wireless controlled full-spectrum RGB LED upgrade kit, you can personalize your gaming experience with the GT Racing Gaming Chair.
This chair offers a variety of features that are ideal for taller people. The ability to adjust the armrests is essential because most chairs are too low to be able to rest your arms on the rests comfortably when you are six or more feet tall. Overall, this is one of the best gaming chairs for tall people currently available on the market today.
Razer Iskur XL Gaming Chair
The Razer Iskur XL Gaming Chair’s design was inspired by the front seat of a luxury car or an aircraft. It’s an ergonomically-designed computer gaming chair with durable construction and plush cushioning, making it perfect for long hours spent at your PC playing games.
The Razer Iskur XL Gaming Chair features:
- Adjustable armrests and height on seats
- 360 rotating swivel
- Recommended for a height of 6′ to 6’10”
- Supports a weight of up to 400lbs. This is achieved through a combination of its body frame, armrests, wheelbase, and angled seat edges that maximize the resting surface area.
This gaming chair is ideal for gamers of any height, with features that maximize your comfort and support even after marathon gaming sessions. The Razer Iskur XL Gaming Chair has a fully ergonomic design with adjustable armrests for enhanced comfort. For gamers with ample room, this plush, combined with its superior construction, makes it one of Razer’s most comfortable chairs yet.
When it comes to gaming chairs, considering your height and the features each chair has to accommodate for your height is a crucial piece of information. Customers often overlook features like overall height and armrest adjustment, but they are essential to the overall comfort of the chair.
When picking a chair, always consider its size before you try it out: while it may be advertised as being suitable for larger users, it might not be large enough. You can also get a wider chair that will support your thighs and provide extra lumbar support.
Your comfort is important, and you should not be limited to what chair gives you the best value for the money available, but also a comfortable experience for a tall person. The list above will provide you with an idea of which chairs are best suited for someone taller than average.