Picking out a new monitor for gaming can be challenging. You need to consider the refresh rate, the response time, and the resolution. These are all vital components of any gaming monitor.
We’ve rounded up the seven best monitors for under $150 for gamers. That will take the pain of searching away and allow you to focus on gaming with your new monitor.
Sceptre E249W-19203R 24-inch FHD LED Gaming Monitor
The Sceptre E249W-19203R is an excellent option for gaming. It has the features you would expect from your typical gaming monitor, and it comes with excellent reviews. Here are some of the features:
- 75Hz Display: This is an incredible refresh rate for the price. It will easily support gaming at 60 frames per second.
- 1080p Full HD Panel: A minimum of full HD is necessary to get the ball rolling on games.
- Built-in speakers: Many monitors on the market leave out internal speakers, so it’s nice that this particular model has them. This will be beneficial if you’re looking to save space by not having external speakers.
MSI 24” OPTIX G241V E2
MSI is one of the biggest manufacturers of computing electronics. The MSI OPTIX G241V E2 comes in at an excellent price with many showstopping features. Here are some of the features:
- 1 ms response time: The lower the response time, the better. You will be able to game with zero lag on this monitor.
- Freesync: Another great feature to elevate your gaming experience. It allows you to utilize variable refresh rates.
- Full HD resolution: This is the best resolution you will get for the price, and it will allow your games to look crisp.
Asus VP228QG 21.5” Full HD Monitor
Asus is another well-known brand, and the ASUS VP228QG has some robust features that elevate it ahead of the competition. Here are some of the features that make this a great option:
- Game Mode: The panel comes with a special mode that propels all of the gaming possibilities to new heights.
- Eye care technology: If you are worried about gaming hurting your eyes, this feature reduces the blue light and flickering to allow you to spend more time gaming without strain on the eyes.
- 75Hz panel: This will allow you to game at decent frame rates, and the monitor will be able to keep up with you.
ViewSonic VX2457-MHD 24 Inch Monitor
The Viewsonic VX2457-MHD is a good monitor gaming. The features alone make it worthwhile, but here are some of the standouts:
- Flicker-Free technology: Flickering can lead to eye strain and problems with the way your game looks on the screen. This technology is excellent.
- Great for first-person shooters: The low response time will allow you to elevate your gaming and get the shot you need.
- Flexible connectivity: There are many connectivity options on offer, including HDMI, VGA, and DisplayPort.
Hongo Portable Monitor
If you game on the move, you’re going to want a monitor that can be easily transported. The Hongo 15 Inch Portable Monitor fits the bill. Here are some of the features:
- 15-inch screen: It may be on the smaller side for some gamers, but the ability to easily transport it makes this a good size.
- 1080p Display: It is rare for a monitor with such a small form factor to have such a good resolution.
- Compatible with consoles as well as PCs: This is the most versatile monitor on the list because it is packed with ways to connect to your other devices.
HP Pavilion 22cwa Monitor
HP has a proven track record when it comes to making solid devices, and the HP Pavillion 22cwa is no slouch in the features department.
- IPS Display: IPS displays have wide color gamuts that allow the pictures to have impressive clarity.
- Full HD: This is the optimal resolution for gaming because it is a good resolution for a sharp image.
- Wide viewing angle: The viewing angle is crucial if you’re going for a dual monitor setup.
AOC 24B2XH Monitor
The AOC 24B2XH is another solid option if you are looking for a feature-packed monitor.
- Edge-to-edge display: This is a modern monitor that will look great in any office space.
- 60 Hz refresh rate: Gaming will be a breeze on this monitor because this can have frames of up to 60 per second.
- Flexible mounting options: Vesa certification will allow this monitor to be put on a mount, possibly with other monitors. It all comes down to your plans for the setup.
Pick the Best Monitor for Your Needs
All of the above monitors are good for gaming, but it all comes down to what you want from the monitor. Pick the suitable device for your needs.