If you have both Roku and access to Dish Anywhere, then you most likely know that they are not integrated. This means that Roku does not currently have the Dish Anywhere app on its service. For those who have both services, this can be rather frustrating.
Even though Roku does not have the Dish Anywhere app on their service does not mean you cannot access it. The advantage to having such advances in technology is that there are ways around almost everything. This includes having the ability to get Dish Anywhere on Roku through screencasting and backdoor logins.
To discover how you can get Dish Anywhere on your Roku, you will need to decide which option works best for you. Keep reading to learn more about ways you can get Dish Anywhere on Roku.
Screencast Dish Anywhere from Windows
Most laptops and PCs that run Windows have the ability to screencast to other devices as long as they are on the same WiFi network. Because of this, you can use your computer to screencast your Roku.
There are a few steps you will need to follow to ensure that you can access Dish Anywhere from your computer to your Roku device. While it seems like it is a lot of work, it is the only way to access it using your Roku.
Here are the steps to screencast your Dish Anywhere to your Roku:
- Make sure your Roku device is connected to your television with the HDMI port.
- Connect your Roku to the same WiFi network as your computer.
- On your Roku device, go to the Roku System Settings, and turn on screen mirroring.
- On your computer, open your preferred web browser.
- Navigate to dishanywhere.com.
- Go to the profile icon and login into your account.
- Find what you would like to watch.
- Right-click and select “Cast.”
- Under “Sources,” select “Cast Tabs.”
- Select your Roku device and start viewing your tv show or movie.
It may not be the best possible situation, but at least you can choose from the many channel options that Dish Anywhere offers and watch it on your Roku. Of course, using your computer is only one option. For many people, it is the best way to use both systems.
Keep in mind that if you have a Mac and not a PC that runs Windows, you can follow similar instructions and still get the same results.
Cast Dish Anywhere from Your Android or iOS Device
Similar to screencasting using your PC or Mac, many people choose to access their Dish Anywhere through their mobile devices. While the process is similar, for many, it is a more convenient way.
If you choose to use your mobile device, following the steps below will help you connect quickly. It is also important to note that using your phone allows you to use it as a remote of sorts while watching your television show or movie.
Here are the directions to use your Android or iOS mobile device to get Dish Anywhere on your Roku:
- Make sure your Roku device is connected to the TV.
- Make sure both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Enable Screen Mirroring on your Roku device.
- On your mobile device, download the Dish Anywhere app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Navigate to the Settings on your device.
- Click on Connections and Sharing.
- Choose “Cast” and turn it on.
- Choose your Roku device from the choices.
- Start the Dish Anywhere app on your mobile device and stream your favorite television shows or movies.
Since the mobile device is much smaller than a computer, many people prefer this convenient method. Additionally, when a selection is over, you have the option to start another directly from your mobile device.
Access Dish Anywhere Channels by Logging Into Roku Apps
Although you cannot access Dish Anywhere from an app on your Roku device, it does not mean that you are out of luck. This is because many of the channels that are offered on Dish Anywhere have apps that are available on Roku.
Since several channels are available as apps on Roku, subscribers to Dish Anywhere can access these apps easily. All you have to do is download the app and then use your Dish Anywhere login credentials to sign in.
While all of the channels you may want to stream may not be available on Roku, there are quite a few of the most popular choices. If you would rather not screencast using your computer or mobile device, then this may be the best option for you to view your favorite channels.
Here are a few of the channels you can access on Roku with your Dish Anywhere credentials:
- National Geographic
This list is not exhaustive since Roku has quite a few apps that are available for users to stream. You may want to search for your Roku device to see if there are other channels you have access to through Dish Anywhere and try using your credentials to log in on Roku.