Minecraft is a booming world-building video game with millions of players around the earth. If you are involved in this world, you may have heard of the extension Minecraft Realms. Although some may be familiar with this branch of the game, others may not. If you are among those who have no idea, you might wonder what Minecraft Realms are.
Minecraft Realms is a subscription-based service that allows players to create personal servers only they and their friends can access. Only people you invite can come to the world, and they can do so even when you are not online. There are two subscription plans available for users.
This guide will take you through everything you need to know about Minecraft Realms. It is a fun addition to the Minecraft world, so anyone in love with the blocky Minecraft universe should take advantage of this addition to the software.
What is the Point of Minecraft Realms?
Minecraft is already a fun solo excursion in itself – because of this, you might wonder what the point of Minecraft Realms is. Why pay money to enjoy this individualized server? Why not make use of what the game already has to offer?
Minecraft Realms exists to give users a safe and private experience that is available whenever they need it. You do not have to worry about running into rude players, and you can do whatever you want within the space. The goal of Minecraft Realms is to have fun in whatever way you would like, whenever you like, with whoever you want.
Available Realms Subscriptions and Prices
There are two subscription prices you can select from as a player. You must pay for a subscription to access Realms. Once you have this subscription, the users you allow in your private world do not need a subscription to pay.
The available types of Realm subscriptions available for players include:
- Realms Plus
- Free Trial Period
For those with varying budgets and commitment levels, these offer two different price points.
Before you invest in any Realms subscription, you should know more about the prices you will pay and what comes within each option available.
Realms is the cheapest subscription option available for users on the Minecraft Realms system. For $3.99 a month, you can create a Realm that you and your friends will have access to for as long as you continue to pay for it. There are several other features included within this Realm subscription.
For this price, you will have access to the following:
- Constant online access: Your world will always be online and available for your friends to visit, even when you are not online yourself.
- Option to cancel: You can opt-out of the system at any time and stop paying for the Realm.
- Multiplayer ability: You can have up to two players inside your Minecraft Realm at any given moment.
Although you can’t go on the marketplace available on Realms Plus, which we will discuss, this base subscription is ideal for those who want a simple experience.
If you only need a single private server, the base Realms subscription is an excellent choice. You get most of the Realms Plus benefits for about half the cost of the upgraded tier.
Realms Plus is the premium version of Minecraft Realms. For $7.99 per month, you get access to many ways to customize your server and make it unique to you. You can cancel at any time, and you can invite even more friends to come and visit this place you have established within the Minecraft universe.
For this price, you will have access to the following:
- Constant online access: Your world will always be online, just like with the Realms subscription.
- Marketplace: You can go to a marketplace to invest in items such as character skins, maps, and minigames.
- More extensive multiplayer ability: You can bring up to 10 friends into a Realms Plus server rather than being limited to two players.
Realms Plus offers similar features to Realms, but you can bring in more people and access the marketplace.
If you have many friends, Realms Plus will allow you to bring more. And, of course, those who love textures and skins will prefer the Plus option for the marketplace variety it offers.
Free Trial Option
Finally, there is a free trial option available if you have never made an account. This period lasts for 30 days. During this time, you will have access to everything included within the Realms Plus plan. After the thirty days are up, you can cancel or start paying $7.99 a month.
The free trial option is an excellent way to test out Minecraft Realms and see if it is for you. Some may find they prefer the traditional Minecraft system, while others may permanently switch over. Whatever you end up deciding, there is a way to choose by testing it out before buying.
How to Set Up Minecraft Realms
Once you have decided on a subscription, you’ll need to set up your Minecraft Realms so you can start playing. While it can be a little jarring to make the switch at first, getting your server going once you know what you’re doing is pretty straightforward. There are a few steps you can take to get the Realm established.
To start your server, you will need to do the following:
- Select your mode: You can choose from Survival and Creative modes for your world.
- Customize: Next, you can customize anything you want. This process might include difficulty levels, texture packs, and player permissions.
- Choose realms: Finally, click the “Create with Realms” button. From here, you can choose the number of players you want to let in and pay.
Once you have completed these steps and paid, you will jump right into your private server. You can immediately see the world that belongs to you.
It is almost as easy to set up Minecraft Realms as it is in a typical Minecraft world. Once you master navigating to “Create with Realms” rather than “Create,” you can make as many as you want for additional fees.
Once you have your Minecraft Realm set up, you will need to invite friends if you want company in your private space. To invite them, there are a few steps you will need to follow.
To invite friends into your Realm, you will need to do the following:
- Click edit: Select the ‘edit’ button next to your world.
- Invite friends: Invite friends on the list. Ensure you add those that you do not see there.
These two simple steps will allow you to bring people you enjoy spending time with into your universe.
You can invite as many people as you want, but there is a limit on the number that can join. Keep this in mind. If you have a basic Realms account, you can bring in two. If you have the Realms plus version, you can have 10. Whatever you can do, inviting friends is just as simple as setting up the system.
How to Join Someone Else’s Realm
Of course, the other side of this is joining someone else’s Realm that is already available. We have gone over how you invite and create a personal space, but how do you partner with someone else? To enjoy time with your friends on their subscription server, you will need to understand how to join a Realm.
The following steps will permit you to join a Realm:
- Go to the menu: First, you need to go to the Minecraft Realms menu off the Minecraft Realms main page.
- View list: Next, view the list of available Realms.
- Select available: Finally, click on a Realm you have permission to access. Green means it is open, yellow means it is about to expire, and red shows it is not available to you.
To join a Realm, you will need an invitation. If there is no green or yellow, you cannot go inside any of the Realms on the list.
If you see a green or yellow Realm, you can click on it to join. From there, you will travel to the server of your friend. You can leave anytime you want and join back in later, so long as there is still a green-colored dot next to it on the menu.
What Can You Do in Minecraft Realms?
Minecraft Realms is an open world. You can do whatever you want on the server, so long as it fits within the boundaries of the Minecraft world. The best part about Realms is that other peoples’ actions do not affect you.
A few examples of things you can do on Minecraft Realms include:
- Create: You can create in Minecraft Realms, building structures and developing worlds. You can create in Creative mode, or build in Survival mode.
- Compete: You can compete with your friends in any competition you can think of for your team. This game might include races, building competitions, and survival challenges. You can even have a battle royale in a private arena.
- Survive: You can take on Survival mode and try to live for as long as you can, battling it out against the elements with your closest pals.
These are just suggestions. You can do whatever you put your mind to in this space, decorating it and developing it as you please.
Minecraft Realms are just like Minecraft. Whatever you would do by yourself on a regular server, you can do with friends in an extensive world of your own. If you want to create, you can create as big as you want. If you desire to survive, you can make it extreme. Realms are full of possibilities for users with wild imaginations.
Are Minecraft Realms Worth It?
If you are a regular Minecraft user, you might not be sure if paying for a new add-on is a great idea. After all, if you enjoy the classic game, why pay for a Minecraft Realm? Are Minecraft Realms worth it? Why should you spend your money on this private server for your Minecraft account?
There are a few reasons why Minecraft Realms are worth it. Some of the best include the following:
- Immediate access: With many multiplayer games, you need to go through a complex setup process. Minecraft Realms makes it simple to play with friends.
- Security: Minecraft Realms is a secure and private way to play with friends. There is no need to worry about invading strangers in your world.
- Affordable: For what you get, Minecraft Realms is relatively affordable. A private world can be yours for only $3.99 a month.
It does cost extra money to gain access to a Minecraft Realm. However, this payment does not come without benefits for those who decide to make the investment.
If you love playing with your friends and want access to privacy, Minecraft Realms will be a whole new level of fun. They’re a unique way to take on the blocky world for a small fee. You and your friends can have fun together, all by yourselves. Once you get started, it will be tricky to go back to the old way of playing with your friends on Minecraft.
Whether you are a newbie on Minecraft or someone with years of experience, Minecraft Realms are available for anyone to enjoy. Inside these unique worlds, you can play with friends in a private setting. No matter what you want to do with them, you can accomplish it inside Minecraft Realms. There are many opportunities, just like in a regular server.
With two subscription options, players have many choices to select from when joining Realms for the first time. Friends can join for free off of that singular subscription. For serious Minecraft gamers, Realms is worth it. You have access to a universe your friends can create along with you. It doesn’t cost a lot to unlock a universe of fun, and you’ll be having an amazing adventure in no time.