Shark vacuums are becoming a household must-have, and rightfully so. Each vacuum has a powerful suction ability, is durable, and also remains easy to hold. With all the different Shark vacuums out there, it can be hard to find a good one for pet owners to use.
The best Shark vacuum for pet hair depends on your home and specific needs. Some of the most popular models for pet hair removal include:
- The SharkNinja TruePet Rotator Powered Vacuum
- The Shark ION Robot Vacuum R101
- The Shark Cordless PetPerfect Handheld Vacuum
- The Shark DuoClean Navigator with Self-Cleaning Brush Roll
- The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Vacuum with Zero-M Anti-Hair Wrap
Getting a vacuum is definitely an investment you shouldn’t take lightly. To make things easier for you, we selected the best models worth checking out and listed them according to the type of vacuum they are.
Which Shark Vacuum is Best For Pet Hair?
Just about any vacuum from Shark will have a good effect on your fight against pet hair, but some are definitely better than others. The best vacuums they make for this purpose all have special hair-cleaning tools built into them.
Shark makes a lot of different vacuum types. To make things easier, we chose one from each of the following categories:
- Upright Vacuums
- Robotic Vacuums
- Cordless Handheld Vacuums
- DuoClean Vacuum/Brooms
- Ultra-Light Vacuums
Each vacuum type has its own perks and pitfalls. When you read each product description, think about where you want to use your vacuum, how much maintenance you’re willing to do, and how much portability you want to have.
Standard Upright Vacuums: SharkNinja TruePet Rotator Powered Vacuum
When it comes to standard upright vacuums, we loved the SharkNinja TruePet Rotator-Powered Vacuum. This vacuum is one of the very few specifically designed to pick up pet hair without clogging and comes with an incredibly sturdy build.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s fully powered. This is not a light-duty machine. It comes with a powerful suction motor, 1.5-quart capacity, and even has a way to detach the canister so you can get into all those little nooks and crannies.
- SharkNinja’s designed with allergies in mind. It has a HEPA filter and comes with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology. It’s a must for parents with kids who are allergic to animals!
- The vacuum works on both carpets and hard floors. The fingertip switch makes it easy to shift between the two.
- This is definitely an investment piece. This upright vacuum is definitely on the pricier side, with prices ranging from $239 to $399, depending on the sale price. That said, you get what you pay for.
Robotic Vacuums: The Shark IONRobot Vacuum R101
Robotic vacuums are ideal for families that don’t have the time to do regular cleanings and want to have a tool that does regular maintenance work. If you’re a pet owner, then you already know why a robotic vacuum can be a great investment. It works!
Here’s why you’re going to love the R101:
- It’s Alexa compatible. This is part of a smart home and can make it easier than ever to keep up with your place.
- The R101 is specially designed for homes with pets. Its unique brush setup is made to trap hair without clogging the machine. The brush cleans itself!
- It is ideal for hardwood floors and short carpets. The brush’s bristles work with almost all modern carpeting.
- You get to schedule the cleanings via an app. In terms of convenience, this is second to none. However, it’s not always good for hard-to-reach places.
- It’s also worth every penny. You can buy it for anywhere from $300 to $400.
Cordless Handheld Vacuums: The Cordless PetPerfect Handheld Vacuum
If you have pets that shed in hard-to-reach places or just need something to pick up pet hair in your car, you might want to get a handheld vacuum. Cordless vacuums are the most versatile, especially when you’re on the go.
Shark’s PetPerfect Handheld Vacuum is a great pick for owners on the go. Here’s why you’re going to love this tool:
- It’s incredibly lightweight but doesn’t require frequent emptying sessions. This vacuum weighs only 2.4 pounds and can carry up to 0.43 dry quarts of debris in its storage tank. This means you get to vacuum more without having to take cleanup breaks.
- The PetPerfect comes with specialty tools that make it easy to reach difficult crevices. If you need a vacuum that gets all the nooks and crannies, this is it.
- It also has a detachable motorized pet brush that picks up hair faster than ever before. If you have a pet that’s a heavy shedder, this is going to be a godsend for your car or RV.
- This model is also the most affordable option on this list. It currently sells for under $100.
DuoClean Vacuums: The Shark DuoClean Navigator with Self-Cleaning Brushroll
Regular upright vacuums are great for most messes, but if you want to get a deep clean on every surface, you might want a professional-grade vacuum. This elegantly styled vacuum is meant to be a heavy-duty, all-terrain vacuum.
Here’s why every homeowner (or professional cleaner) will want to have the Shark DuoClean Navigator:
- The self-cleaning brush roll is specially designed for pet hair. Even owners with long-haired dogs won’t have a problem!
- It also has a HEPA filter and comes with anti-allergy protection. Pet dander and other allergens will no longer be a problem with this low-maintenance, high-powered vacuum.
- The Navigator also comes with specialty maneuvering tools. You can even detach the canister to turn the vacuum into a portable, high zone cleaning tool.
- It’s a great bargain at under $200. So, if you’re looking for a cost-effective solution, this is it.
Ultra-Light Vacuums: The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Vacuum With Zero-M Anti-Hair Wrap
Not everyone is willing to lug a 20-pound vacuum around their home, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be able to have a home free of pet hair. The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Vacuum With Zero-M Anti-Hair Wrap is a great option for a bagless, ultra-lightweight choice.
This low-maintenance, self-cleaning corded model is made with both versatility and ease of use in mind. Here’s why you’ll adore it:
- It’s a full-service vacuum at a light vacuum weight. At 9.3 pounds, it’s about the weight of most bowling balls. This makes it a great selection for people who don’t want bulk.
- The Rocket series is also designed with self-cleaning tech in mind. Hair clogging up the rotors? It’s a thing of the past. This unique vacuum cleans its own interior, meaning that you won’t have to deal with stuck hair any time soon.
- The high portability makes this great for pets that like to hide in high places or tiny nooks. For cat owners with high perches, it’s basically a must-have.
- It still works well for deep-carpet cleaning. This is not your average ultra-light “broom” vacuum. It legitimately works.
At around $200 to $230, it’s also not a bad price. Shark is known for having upscale products, and this is considered to be their gold standard for this genre. At $200, this durable equipment is a true bargain.