TCL is a TV brand that comes with the app Roku built into the system. Not only that, TCL is a brand that has been around since the 80s and has kept up in large with the recent trends in entertainment. It also comes with a fantastic soundbar that can help you enjoy your favorite movies and shows with the best possible sound. However, what can you do when the TCL TV soundbar isn’t working?
You may not be able to hear sound from TCL TV because of the following issues on the soundbar:
- You’ve accidentally turned down the sound or muted the TV.
- There are apps on the TV creating conflicts with the soundbar.
- You may need to adjust the audio settings.
- The Automatic Sound Leveling mode is enabled on the TV.
- Your TCL TV needs to be reset to factory settings.
Are you interested in getting to the causes behind the lack of sound on your TCL TV? We have all the main problems that can disrupt the functioning of the soundbar. So, keep reading through this article to learn the core issues and what you can do to resolve this problem.
Why Can’t I Hear Anything On The TCL TV?
In most cases, not being able to hear sounds when using the TCL TV is an issue you can come across when the soundbar isn’t working as it should. There are a number of things that can result in this effect, and we are going to explore each one in the sections below. Along with this, you can read through each section to learn how to solve the problems as well.
The TV Is Muted Or Volume Is Too Low
If your Tv became quiet all of a sudden, it is likely you are scratching your head trying to understand what might be the cause. Sometimes, however, the answer is easier than it looks. Because it is so easy to press these buttons, you should always first check if the volume is all the way down or the mute button is on. There is a way to take care of this when you use the TCL remote:
- Switch on your TCL TV and make sure everything is on.
- Now, play anything on the TV, and as you do, turn up the volume button on the TCL remote.
- As you do this, move close to the soundbar so you can assess if you can hear anything from the TV.
- Start by keeping the volume at 50%. Gradually increase until you can hear any sound.
- It would be best if you also switched off muting using the button on your remote.
Apps May Be Creating Conflicts
One of the possible issues here is something you may not think of when assessing sound issues. It turns out, a lot of the time, the problem may not be the TCL TV but the apps you use on it. In some cases, this issue can also arise because of the channels. However, the best part is that there is an easy way to tell if this is what is affecting sound quality. You can switch to a different app or channel. If the audio works, that means the problem is app or channel-related. However, if the problem is still there, it is time to move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Audio Settings Need Adjustment
When you use a TCL TV, you get an audio setting feature which allows you to switch off the speakers. This will not allow any sound to travel to the soundbar, so it may seem like it is not working. However, you can turn the speakers on your TV back on using the following steps:
- Switch on your TCL TV, and press the Home button on your remote.
- Now, on the home page, scroll downwards and look for the Settings option.
- Select the Settings Menu and then choose the option Audio.
- Now, in this submenu, you can find the list of Speakers.
- Select your TV speakers, therefore switching them on.
Automatic Volume Leveling Is On
A shared experience we all have is watching the TV; when you switch the channel, there is an abrupt volume change. This can be pretty frustrating and alarming, so the TCL TVs come with a built-in feature to combat this. The Automatic Volume Leveling mode lets you keep a steady volume as you use the TV.
However, since this is still a feature in development, it has its fair share of bugs. Sometimes, it can cause the audio to cut out in order to match the volume. However, the best way to solve this problem is to switch volume leveling off using this method:
- Open up the Homepage on your TCL TV using the remote.
- Click the Settings menu, and then choose Audio.
- From here, select the option Volume modes.
- Make sure that the Automatic Volume Leveling mode is off.
Your TCL TV Needs A Factory Reset
When nothing else works, one of the things you can try to do is a factory reset. Doing this will take the TV back to its state when you first got it. This can get rid of information like your personal data and custom settings. You can back up your data before you reset it to keep it safe. Here is what you need to do to reset your TV:
- On your TV, open the Home page using the TCL remote.
- Now, choose Settings, and navigate to the System heading.
- From here, choose Advanced System Settings, and then find the link for Factory Reset.
- Choose ‘Factory Reset Everything.’
- The screen will prompt you with a code. Type it out with your remote.
- Once you choose Ok, the reset will proceed.
Not hearing any sound when you use a TCL TV can be alarming, but you will likely find an easy way to fix this problem. We hope this article helped you take care of your TV, and you can now enjoy their excellent sound system!