If you’re a gamer, there’s nothing quite as satisfying as being able to play a game on both your PC and your console with a controller as it strikes your fancy at a given time. Not every game is created to be played on both consoles and computers, but Fortnite is a highly popular game that can be played, and played well, on a variety of sources including Mac, Windows, PS4, X Box 1, Nintendo Switch, and on android AND apple mobile devices.
However, although it can be played on many devices, there are some differences in the settings you will use depending on whether you’re playing on a console or your PC. In this article, we will explore the best controller settings, so you have the most fun and play your best while using a controller. Read on to find out more.
Which Settings Should I Use?
There are four different settings that you will want to adjust. They are movement, combat, building, and input. Let’s take a brief look at the best settings for each of these and how they can positively impact your ability to play.
The Best Movement Settings
When you are in the movement settings you should choose the following:
- Turn “Toggle Sprint” off and “Sprint by Default” on. If your “Toggle Sprint” is turned on, then you have to push an extra button for your character to run. This can waste valuable time, which is why it’s better to have “Sprint by Default” on. “Sprint by Default” ensures that whenever your character is moving, they will be running.
- Turn “Sprint Cancels Reloading” off. If this is turned on you will not be able to reload your weapons while you are running.
- Turn “Auto Open Doors” on. Again, this saves time, as you don’t need to push a button every time you leave or enter a room.
The Best Combat Settings
When you are choosing your combat settings, make sure to pick the following:
- Turn “Hold to Swap Pickup” off. You want this turned off so you don’t exchange the weapon you chose at the beginning of the game with one on the ground that you may not be familiar with.
- Turn “Toggle Targeting” off. When it’s off, it’s much easier to aim with a shotgun.
- Turn “Mark Danger When Targeting” on. This will alert your team to any danger.
- Turn “Auto Pick Up Weapons” off. When this feature is turned on, you automatically pick up weapons on the ground. This can hinder your ability to play as when you need to use a weapon, you will have to sort through to find the one you want to use. It is better to pick and choose and know what you have on hand than be caught off guard.
- Turn “Auto Sort Consumables to Right” on. Having this feature turned on, means things like shields will automatically go to the empty spots and can be used quickly as you have need.
The Best Building Settings
A big part of Fortnite is being able to be able to build and build quickly. To make it a simple process with a controller do the following:
- Turn “Reset Building Choice” off. Turning this setting off automatically brings up the last building piece that you were using instead of resetting to the beginning. This can save you time since you won’t have to redo any building.
- Turn “Turbo Building” on. This setting will mean that you can look around and do other things that you might find more interesting, but also ensures that the building continues.
- Turn “Confirm Edit on Release” on. If you need to make changes option will automatically confirm the edit as soon as you release the button. It is another time-saver.
The Best Input Settings
The right input settings on your controller will ensure that you can move quickly and do multiple things at one time. The optimal input settings are to:
- Turn “Controller Auto-Run” on. This setting means that you just need to double-click the joystick to keep running, instead of constantly pushing it forward. This in turn frees your fingers and attention to take other actions in the game.
- Turn “Builder Pro” on. If you switch to different building material, it will automatically start building with that instead of needing further confirmation/button clicks.
- Turn “Vibration” off. This can be startling and affect your concentration and reaction time.
- Turn “Edit Hold Time” to 0.100. This is the lowest possible time to get into your edits and do them as quickly as possible.
Fortnite is a game that can be played on mobile devices, PCs, or consoles with controllers. However, depending on which you use, you will want to adjust the settings so that you can act quickly, efficiently, and be a multi-tasking player.
These adjustments include everything from turning auto sprint on to making sure that you know which weapons you are picking up and what you have at your disposal at any given time. Though it will take a bit of extra time to adjust these settings, doing so before you start the game can save you a lot of time and make your overall experience much more exciting and enjoyable.