There are different CamelBaks suited for different recreational activities. For instance, if you’re biking, you don’t want a heavy Camelback that will throw off your weight distribution. If you’re hiking, you want a CamelBak that comes with extra slots for your stuff.
We’re going to rate the best CamelBak’s based on their volume, design, durability, and ratings. We’ll also explain what CamelBak suits what activity so you can make the decision that’s right for you.
The Best CamelBak for Biking
Whether you’re cruising down your neighborhood’s sidewalk or zipping down a mountain trail, you care about three things: speed, hydration, and safety.
The CamelBak Rogue Light Hydration Pack is all those things rolled into one. Its aerodynamic design cuts down on wind resistance and evenly distributes weight. It also features tight, adjustable straps, so the backpack almost becomes a part of you––and not a carry-on.
Here’s a breakdown of its features:
- Volume. Don’t be fooled; even though “light hydration” is in the name, this product carries 70 ounces of water. That’s about half a gallon––not too shabby.
- Design. As noted, the CamelBak Rogue Light Hydration Pack’s intended to cut down on wind resistance, keeping you traveling at top speeds while on your bike. It also weighs less than a pound without water, making it easy to pack and transport.
- Durability. How long you can last on 70 ounces depends on many things. However, the CamelBak Rogue Light Hydration Pack lasts a lifetime––and comes with a warranty that backs that.
- Ratings. On Amazon, out of more than 1,200 reviews, users gave the CamelBak Rogue Light Hydration Pack 4.5 stars.
The Best CamelBak for Skiing
There are two great options when looking for a ski-compatible CamelBak. The best one for you ultimately depends on how much you can carry and how much you’re willing to spend.
For instance, the CamelBak Kicker Ski Hydration Pack starts at $60 online:
- Volume. This device carries 1.5 liters (or 50 ounces) of fluid.
- Design. The CamelBak’s tube and bladder are insulated, meaning that your water won’t freeze during your ski adventure. It also weighs 1.04 pounds, which is nothing.
- Durability. Fifty ounces of water isn’t shabby. It also comes with a snowshed back panel to keep snow from soaking your backpack.
- Ratings. Out of 23 Amazon ratings, this bad boy has 4.5 stars.
If you’re looking to spend a bit more and want your backpack to also hold gear, consider the CamelBak SnoBlast Ski Hydration Pack.
- Volume. It carries 70 ounces of water. That’s about two liters.
- Design. Just like the CamelBak Kicker Ski Hydration Pack, this device comes with insulation to keep both you and your water from freezing. It also comes with helmet attachment points and compartments for your ski gear.
- Durability. It weighs 750 grams––just over one and a half pounds.
- Ratings. Out of 65 Amazon ratings, it has 4.5 stars. It’s also an Amazon Choice product, meaning that it’s a high-rated product that’s ready to ship immediately.
The Best CamelBak for Hiking
When you type in “CamelBak hiking” into Amazon, you’ll encounter dozens and dozens of products, all in varying sizes, shapes, and colors. But which one is right for you? When making a decision, ask yourself:
- How long is my hiking trip?
- What’s the climate going to be like during my hiking trip?
- How much weight can I carry without feeling over-encumbered?
- What is my upper body strength like?
Based on these questions, you may want to consider any of the following options:
CamelBak Arete 18 Hydration Backpack
We recommend this product for first-time hikers because:
- The CamelBak Arete 18 Hydration Backpack carries 50 ounces of water, great for short- to mid-term trips.
- It features a lightweight design, so it doesn’t strain your back. It also comes with adjustable straps, making it customizable based on your strength and body type.
- Although the CamelBak Arete 18 Hydration Backpack is made with ultra-light materials, it can withstand intense temperatures and climates.
- Out of 191 Amazon reviews, it gets a 4.5-star rating.
CamelBak Fourteener 26 Hiking Hydration Pack
If you’re going on a long-haul hiking trip, you want to stay as hydrated as possible. This is where the CamelBak Fourteener 26 Hiking Hydration Pack comes in. Consider the following:
- It can carry 100 ounces of water. That’s about three gallons.
- It comes with built-in vents, so your back doesn’t stick to the backpack itself. Its adjustable straps also let you adjust the backpack’s weight, so it doesn’t strain your back and shoulders.
- It weighs 2.3 pounds, so it can support vast quantities of water.
- Out of 62 Amazon reviews, it gets 4.5 stars.
You really can’t go wrong with any CamelBak product. They’re all designed to keep you both safe and hydrated whether you’re biking, skiing, or hiking.