When you’re at home, your Apple Watch tracks your steps, gives notifications, and even pairs to your other Apple devices. However, the magic truly starts once you enter a Disney park. But can you use an Apple Watch instead of a Magic Band?
You can use your Apple Watch instead of a Magic Band. Simply pair your watch to the My Disney Experience app. Here, you can manage your Fast Passes, order food, and view wait times. You can also make purchases just by holding your phone to the cash register’s scanner.
Continue reading to learn about using your Apple Watch instead of a Magic Band. Through the My Disney Experience app, anything is possible.
How to Use Your Apple Watch Instead of a Magic Band
First things first: you need to link your credit card information via Apple Wallet. For your protection, Apple requires you to have a passcode on your iPhone for Apple Wallet to work. That way, if you misplace your phone, no one can access your information.
You can set up Touch ID or a passcode by going to settings, then tapping “Touch ID & Passcode.”
Set Up Apple Wallet
To sync your banking information to your iPhone:
- Tap on the Wallet app.
- Tap “ADD” next to where it says, “Add a credit or debit card to wallet.”
- Enter your credit or debit card information. You may need to select your bank.
- Verify your information by checking your email.
Now, you can pair Apple Wallet with your Apple Watch.
Enter Your Information in the My Disney Experience App
If you haven’t done so already, download the My Disney Experience app. It’s free on the App Store. From there, you’ll need to create an account. Now:
- Open the app.
- Tap on the three lines on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Choose “Disney Magic Mobile Pass.”
- Select “Set Up Your Pass.
- Choose a “theme.”
- Tap “Add to Apple Wallet.”
You can also share your information with other people in your party. Just choose “Select Passes to Share” and follow the prompts on the screen. Keep in mind that when a shared user taps their iPhone against a Magic Band sensor, they can make purchases just like you can.
How Can I Use My Apple Watch as a Magic Band?
Your Apple Watch can do anything a Magic Band can do. In fact, many Disney-goers prefer this method since Magic Bands generally cost anywhere from $20 to $40 each.
With your “Magic Apple Watch,” you can:
- Enter the theme park. With a Magic iWatch, you don’t have to bring your park tickets with you. Simply hold your iWatch to the Magic Band sensor, and you’re good to go.
- Open your hotel room door. Disney has on-site resorts, like Disney’s Pop Century and Disney’s Art of Animation. If you’re staying on the property, your iWatch doubles as your room key. No more worrying about losing your hotel keycard!
- Gain access to Star Wars’ virtual queue. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of Disney World’s biggest attractions. You can’t just walk on rides; you have to reserve your spot. Your Apple Watch allows you to view wait times and make changes to your reservation. You don’t even have to be in the park to do this.
- View your in-park photos. There are professional photographers all over Disney’s parks who take high-quality photos. When you have your picture taken, simply show your Magic Apple Watch to the Cast Member, and your photos will connect to your phone.
Note: While you’re in the park, your Apple Watch will still track your steps, share weather information, and show alerts as usual.
How Can I View Magic Band Purchases from Apple Watch?
At Disney, it’s easy to forget that your Apple Watch is connected to your credit card. After all, Magic Bands completely divorce monetary cash transactions. However, to manage your trip’s funds, you can track your purchases in the My Disney Experience app.
To do this:
- Open the My Disney Experience app.
- Select “My Plans.”
- Tap your hotel.
- Choose “View Charges.”
Keep in mind that purchases don’t appear right away. It could take a few minutes for the purchase to show up.
You can use your Apple Watch instead of a Magic Band. However, you’ll need to create a My Disney Experience app profile and sync your Apple Watch to Apple Wallet. In the future, Disney-goers may be able to sync their accounts to other devices.
To learn more about using Magic Bands and the My Disney Experience app, click here.