Dry skin is a common complaint as the air gets cold and dry and our skin doesn’t know quite how to acclimate without ample moisturization. Try these DIY lotion winter bars. They smell wonderful, and are GREAT for your skin.
DIY lotion bars are easy to make!
(I recommend Geranium, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, or Sandalwood!) These oils have properties to nourish dry skin.
- Melt coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax in double boiler. (*Tip: if you do not have a double boiler, you can place a large mason jar filled with the ingredients in a pot of shallow hot water, but BE CAREFUL)
- Stir constantly until mixture is fully melted and incorporated
- Remove from heat and add essential oils
- Pour mixture in desired container. Candy or ice trays or empty deodorant tubes work great!
Be sure to store these in a COOL environment (like the fridge) or they may melt.
- If chilled, heat up lotion bar by rubbing it in between your hands to make application easier
- Rub desired amount in desired areas (or all over!) (These also make great gifts!)