Dill essential oil can give your dishes that special flavor. What’s the difference you might ask in just using dill weed? Essential oils are much more concentrated and give your dishes a fresh and powerful flavor that herbs cannot do. Don’t get me wrong, I still use herbs but when I want an extra punch in my dishes I turn to essential oils. Here’s 2 of my favorite dill recipes.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 ts.p dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 2 drops Dill Essential Oil
Mix all ingredients and enjoy with your favorite chips, crackers or vegetables!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, shelled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 c. organic mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. minced chives (optional)
- 1 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 drops Dill Essential Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Dash of Red Pepper
- Dash of Paprika – for Garnish
- Remove egg yolks into a small mixing bowl and mash with a fork
- Add all other ingredients and stir vigorously until smooth
- Spoon mixture into empty whites
- Garnish each egg with a dash of paprika
Adjust the number of Drops of Dill to your taste.
Here’s more tips to use your Dill essential oil in your recipes:
- Add a drop or two to potato salad
- Add a drop to grilled salmon
- Add a drop to your tuna salad
- Add a drop to your chicken salad
- Add a drop to homemade ranch dressing
- Add a drop to tarter sauce
- Add a few drops to cucumber salad
Not all essential oils can be ingested. Go here to get safe, quality oils at wholesale prices.
If you are interested in looking for more recipes, then make sure to check out the recipe section on Amazon. There are a ton of recipe books that are sure to catch your eye.